2019 Nerd Girl Yarns Retreat
Registration opens Monday, November 12th at 12pm CT.
The 2019 Nerd Girl Yarns Retreat!
Each participant gets:
- A goodie bag that includes a skein of NGY yarn in a limited edition, special to attendees only, colorway.
- Catered lunch on Friday & Saturday
- Access to all classes & mini-workshops - click here for a list of the Instructor Led Classes.
- A chance to hang out with all your internet friends!
- Fun evening events!
Other fun stuff going on all day every day: Drum carder self-blending station, NGY shop full of yarn & fluff, board game room for an escape into adventure, and more!
Early bird registration is $140 through January 1st ($160 after January 1st). Registration does not include travel/lodging. A payment plan is available for those who would like to spread their payments out (3 payments) and not miss early bird pricing, there is an additional $5.05 administrative fee attached for payment plans.
Participants who stay at the Drury also get:
- Free Hot Breakfast - Start every day with make-your-own Belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, KELSO+BROS® coffee and more. Free hot breakfast is served daily from
6–9:30 a.m. on weekdays and 7–10 a.m. on weekends.
- Free Evening Drinks and Snacks* - Join us from 5:30–7 p.m. every evening to enjoy free hot food and cold beverages at our 5:30 Kickback®. We feature a rotating menu of hot food, beer, wine, mixed drinks and soft drinks.
- Free Wi-Fi Throughout the Hotel
- Free Soft Drinks and Popcorn - Complimentary freshly-popped popcorn and a refreshing beverage are available each evening for a great nighttime snack!
Check-in: Thursday PM, April 25th, 2019
Main Event: Friday, April 26th - Saturday, April 27th, 2019
Departure: Sunday AM, April 28th, 2019
Location: Drury Inn & Suites Independence, MO Use group number 2342513 for your reservations if you call or place them online.
Independence is right next door to Kansas City, MO and the Drury Inn & Suites is just off I-70. If you are planning on flying in, make your arrangements through Kansas City International Airport (KCI) (airport code: MCI). Shuttle, taxi, or limo service can be reserved to get you from the airport to the hotel & car rentals are available.
The fine print:
Registrations are non-refundable after March 1st unless we have folks on a waiting list to sub in for your spot. You may transfer your registration to another person if you find you are unable to attend. If you transfer your registration, please contact us to let us know so that we can make sure your registration is transferred on our end.
This retreat registration & workshop fees are NOT ELIGIBLE for the club member discount. We've got it setup on a really tight budget to cover the costs & give fair pay to our instructors. Please help us pay for the event by not using your discount code so we don't have to invoice you for the difference. Thank you.