Level Up! Fiber Scouts
Level Up! Fiber Scouts is a new adventure of fiber & technique exploration. Instead of randomly shipping out a colorway/breed combo, each package will be themed to a specific skill/challenge. Whether you are an experienced spinner or new to making your own yarn, we hope you will join our quest to learn & perfect our handspinning!
Shipments are sent out every other month to give you time to explore the techniques in each package & participate with your fellow scouts in our Ravelry community. Each package will include:
- 6-8 ounces of fiber in easily digestible portions of two to four different fiber types/preps
- Cards to document your samples on for easy review
- Text documentation
- Access to online video instruction/demos
- An achievement unlocked merit badge pinback so you can proudly display your accomplishments on your purse, bag, jacket, or suspenders.
- Level Up! Fiber Scouts Ravelry board to question, discuss, or show off with your fellow scouts.
- Access to members only fiber reorders - If you find you really like one (or more) of the fibers within your package, you can reorder for a larger project!
Payments are broken up into monthly increments to make the club easier to digest with the first payment at the time of sign-up. Members can sign-up for a six month tour (3 shipments, renewable) or a full year (6 shipments).
Here’s our twelve month map of exploration & discovery:
- October 2018: Cheetos & Puffs - Spinning worsted & woolen.
- December 2018: Wing Man - Twisting the perfect singles for each project.
- February 2019: Slippery when Spun - Spinning with slick fibers & blends.
- April 2019: The Long Game - Exploring longwools.
- June 2019: Swingline Staples - Spinning fibers with mismatched staples.
- August 2019: Color Shredding - Plying for color.
Sign-up below for a six month tour (3 shipments, renewable)
Sign-up below for a full 12 month tour (6 shipments)
We Also Recommend